The Pupil Premium is a grant directly funded by the Department for Education, which is designed to overcome the negative effects of disadvantage by helping to ensure that pupils from disadvantaged families achieve and attain as well as their peers.
The total of our school’s Pupil Premium grant is calculated using the following factors:
- The number of pupils who are currently eligible for Free School Meals and have been eligible at any point during the last 6 years
- The number of pupils who have been ‘looked after’ continuously for more than six months
- The number of pupils with parents in the Armed Forces at any point during the last 3 years
We are committed to using Pupil Premium funding to raise the achievement and attainment of disadvantaged pupils in order to close the gap between them and other pupils in our school and other pupils nationally.
At Rossett Acre Primary School:
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of our pupils
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals may be socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals.
All staff are involved in the process of using Pupil Premium funding effectively. From October 2014, the following staff became responsible for the leadership and management of this process:
- Cat Salisbury, Deputy Head
- Justine Weaver, Governor
- Sharon Day, Business Manager
For details of our most Pupil Premium Spending Plans for 2016-17, please click here.
For details of our review of on Pupil Premium Spending 2015-16 , please click here.
For details of our Pupil Premium Spending for 2015 -2016, please click here.
For details of our Pupil Premium spending for 2014 -2015, please click here.
Please click below for details of Pupil Premium from previous years: